Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes keep on changing

In my typical fashion, I had an idea that shifted the whole ending around and works a lot better.  It's not nearly as repetitive as the previous version and makes more sense.  And adds a bit of emotional suspense.  It's one of those changes where you wonder why you didn't think of it straight out of the gate.  But better late than never, I guess.

So...I'm up over 55K and still need to go over the last three chapters to make certain they're making sense before I print up a hard copy to proof.  Then it's send it out for more feedback from a new crew, those untainted by memory of the earlier version to see if they agree it's good enough to offer for publication, yet.

Then comes figuring out how the hell to get it published.  I'm still leery of Amazon, even though there's nothing in this book that even begins to approach the likes of HTRASG or RIHC6, but the way the world is going, these days, with the radical talibangelicals trying to have government take over our personal lives while keeping it out of business's business...you never can say.  And one of the first groups they attack are gays and their literature.  It's already happened in Canada, so that might not be the best place to move to if things get crazy here.

In the meantime, I offer a tender moment of repose --
Peace is a kitten asleep on your shoulder.

No comments: