Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Done

"The Lyons' Den' is now in its third draft as a novel, 260 pages, 55,659 words, complete chaos.  Daniel's character arc is stronger, Van is more in tune with him and Tad is more attractive as a potential partner...I hope.  I'm too close to the story to really know, right now.

So now I can go out tomorrow, have my corned beef and cabbage with a Guinness and do the St.Pat's thing in the middle of a town that's rabidly Irish, right now.  Then comes getting my taxes in order and prepping for another packing job...in Birmingham.  After that, it's down to NYC for a day to help ship the NY Book Fair dealers home.

In doing some research on a potential trip to Ireland while at work (I know, I'm bad, I don't care) I found a charter service that flies out of Toronto that would cost about $300 less into Dublin than flying out of Buffalo.  And there's a steady bus service between Buffalo's airport and Toronto's.  That's a definite maybe, so long as the fare isn't too high.  I also located a placement service in NI for bed-sit rooms. I don't know yet if they'll set me up in one for just 3-4 weeks, but it's something to consider and would be a LOT cheaper than a hotel.

I don't know if they're actually planning to shut down in August, but I may just go ahead and take the month off.  I probably won't have a salary that month, anyway, so why worry about it?


No comments: