Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm a maniac

I've done corrections and rewriting on LD through chapter 10 -- about page 200 -- and I'm up over 57K in wordage.  A lot has changed and so little has, as well.  It's all in the details, as so many writers say...and that is where the fun lies, as well.  The interaction between Daniel and Van as well as better modulation of Daniel's growing frustration and building fear that he's going insane.  What's even more fun is playing with the space I've built in the actual building -- The Lyons' Den, itself.  The staircase that runs up behind the fireplace and chimney, the dining table, the couches flanking the hearth, the shower curtain in the bathroom, the kitchen.

I've begun to grow protective of Daniel.  I want to push things as far as I can, but I don't want to swamp him.  But now that he and Van are connecting better, I feel like I can pump up the volume a bit...so I have and he's proven to be even more self-sufficient than I expected. 

I doubt I'll get much done, tomorrow.  I have an appointment at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store.  My laptop's unhappy about something and I want it checked out.  It wouldn't let me eject a USB drive I was using, today, and this isn't the first time.  In fact, it got so bad, I had to pull some tricks to even be able to make the finder force quit.  Once that was done and I'd restarted it, everything was fine.  But I still want it checked while it's still under warranty (I bought the extended one and it's over with next month.)  Man, it's hard to believe I've had this for 3 years.

I'm close to getting to go to Portland, Oregon for a packing job...but I don't think it'll happen.  Flying into that town is damned expensive.  It'd be nice to actually see the place since I've never been...but it's no big deal.  Especially since I'm damn close to broke, again.  Guess this always going to be the story of my life.

No comments: