Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Little bit of sharing

 Just thought I'd introduce the world to my task masters...uh, mistresses, since they're both female and total drama queens.  Perky one's named Pidget and she loves to sit in this orange desk chair and dig into the seat with her claws as it's spun around.  Moody one's Odo, who doesn't like to share anything, not even the heating pad.

Oh, and that's my desk.  Don't judge me.
And here's a lovely Spring day in Buffalo.  Close to a foot fell in six hours.  Which apparently is normal.  My car is pissed.  But you can't see it here because this is the front parking lot to my building while my Civic is pouting in the back one.

I'm now going to watch a documentary called "Mise Eire" that was made in 1959 about the events during Easter Week, 1916.  The languages offered are English and Gaelic.  I may watch it both ways.

UPDATE: Don't bother with "Mise Eire."  It was one of the most insipid, uninformative documentaries I've ever seen.  Its one saving grace is all the archival footage it had, including Queen Victoria arriving for a state visit in Dublin in 1901, shortly before her death.  But the voice over (in Gaelic) was bad Cuban-propaganda-style purple prose.  Very disappointing.

No comments: