Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Bone tired

So not much to say.  Except something I'd been able to forget about the south done got me, again -- mosquitos.  I got one in my room that's fat with my blood, and when I catch and kill it, we're gonna have a Jackson Pollack on the wall or bed or wherever.

Nothing else done.  Being good hosts, the people whose books I'm packing insisted on taking me out to dinner, and I didn't get done till after 9pm.  Some damn nice books, tho.

I'm still thinking up changes for LD.  Little details here and there -- like describing Tad's Cadillac SUV as one that looks like an icebreaker and trying to figure out how to work in a comment to explain why Daniel's dad isn't around...if I really need to.  I may not.

As usual, my La Quinta room has issues.  One being the plug by the internet connection only half works, so I can't have a lamp while I'm working at my laptop.  Another -- I have to go to the desk to ask for sugar for my tea because the maid didn't leave any.  I'd say you get what you pay for, but I've been in rooms that cost 3 times as much and had to get the AC fixed or a toilet repaired.  Seems preemptive repairs are no longer how the hotel business works, these days.

I'm beat.  Time to sit in a tub.

No comments: