Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Portland bound

Off to Portland, after all.  Just a whirlwind trip of two days and heading back on a red-eye flight that gets into JFK at 5:30 am, but it'll be interesting.  I've never been to Portland.

Post writing mush has entered my brain.  This happens whenever I get focused in on a story to the point I'm thinking of nothing else (when not at work) and then it's done and my mind takes its time winding down.  I wind up piddling time away and sort of catching up on paperwork and errands and crap like that.  I tried to hurry it along by reading but my inner critic kicked in and nothing much happened except I wished I hadn't bothered with some of the stories.  They didn't take my mind off of anything.

So now what?I have a movie from Netflix I could watch, but it's Visconti and I get the feeling it's a tragedy and I don't feel like that, right now.  I have other books to read...which might be the best thing to do, right now.  That or I could shift my much to another rewrite of a script and see what happens there.  I dunno.

I think I'll just go wandering, mentally, for a while and see where it takes me.  After all, not all who wander are lost.

I didn't listen to Obama's speech because I knew he was going to kiss more GOP ass...and he did in some ways but not in others, so I'm unsure how to react.  I like the "tax the rich" part because many of them are getting away with paying nothing while the people who can least afford it get plundered.  But he's still doing massive cuts and using accounting tricks to make them seem less threatening than they are.  And this is just the beginning of the negotiations, so by the time it's done, the GOP will be killing people because they slashed Medicare and Medicaid and Planned Parenthood while scum like Donald trump, the Koch brothers and GE will keep getting money back from the IRS even if they never paid a dime.  We're back in the age of the Robber Barons.

No comments: