Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Damn that lottery!

The fates have failed me, again.  I bought lottery tickets and didn't get one damned number right.  How am I ever going to be able to break this cycle of work, work, work, write if I don't catch a break with something that's damn near impossible to win?  I think the most I ever got out of a lottery ticket was $5...after I'd put in $20.  NOT a good return.  Makes you want to give up on the idea of luck.

Which I will need a lot of to get everything done that I want to get done.  Which is something I've never had much of.  *Sigh*

So I wiped myself out paying my taxes, today.  And H&R Block asked me to refer people to them.  I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing in their faces.  I'm never going back to them, let alone suggesting people use them.  Jeez.  Today the woman helping me couldn't even get my NY State Voucher to print out unless I filed electronically.

Enough whining.  I'm turning into the Tad of LD, albeit without the cash.  Or looks.  Or absolute certainty that I'm perfect.

I'm at the point where LD is as close as I can get to it being done, short some feedback that points out a logic flaw that I'm not seeing and that makes me go into meltdown and that...that...uh, keeps me from accepting that I'm now going through to determine whether to use "an" or "the" as the article.  Which is normally my break-off point.

God, it took me nearly six months to get to this point with a 270 page story; how long'll it take to get POS done if I go through the same nonsense?  I DEFINITELY need to win the lottery -- at least SOME of it -- just so I'll have the time to finish the book before I'm 90!

Anybody got some good numbers?  I'll cut you in for 10%.


No comments: