Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm maddening

I got the Season Two AbFab disk and can think of nothing else except watching Patsy and Edina be the self-centered, stupidly stylish bitches that they are.  Patsy getting that high school boy's given me a greater appreciation for her, while Edina's immaturity is both sad and silly.  And their answer to everything is Champagne and cigarettes, sweetie.  I think this is where my recent urge for red wine is coming from...and not a burgundy, like I usually go for, while white doesn't even begin to interest me.  I may pick some up tomorrow as my car's being serviced (and wicked little commenter in my head says, "And you ain't, sweetie").

I'm also a bit ticked off.  I haven't weighed myself in months, thinking I'd been cutting back on the food and DP (I'm down to an average of 2 a day) and had a doctor's appointment for a general checkup...and I've gained 6 pounds!  Shit, I've actually been hungry more in the last couple months than I had in my entire life, and I've eaten more salads and less red meat...and I'm STILL getting fatter?  Fuck that.  From now on, I eat whatever I want.

Except I actually DID like the salads because Wegman's (a local grocer that's like your one-stop shopping center for worldwide food) makes some killer ones for cheap, and I usually toss a can of tuna in with it.  They also have excellent fish and chips (though their coleslaw is merely so-so).

Fact is, I wasn't at ALL active over the winter, just sat at my desk at work or in my apartment and worked on LD and POS.  Small wonder I'm turning into a later-stage Orson Welles.

Okay...I'll go walking...tomorrow, darling.  Tonight is AbFab.

No comments: