Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

David Martin

I've started a FaceBook page for "David Martin" to start building up some interest. I hope. I'm still not seeing any evidence the ads I set up and all the likes I've gotten on "The Lyons' Den" and "Bobby Carapisi" have done anything for sales of the books.

Oh, BC has 703 total "likes", most of them from countries like India and Thailand, and its sales are almost exclusively via Kindle. Plus, LD has 837 total "likes", but I've only sold two copies of the book through Amazon in the last 2 weeks. Of course, that one has a lot of other venues to buy it through, including directly from the publisher and in book stores...I guess.

I think of when I was recently in Washington DC and went to an independent book shop...and they didn't even have LD in their list, let alone on the shelf. The only time I've ever found one of my books in a book shop was Different Light in San Francisco -- they had a copy of HTRASG. And apparently some people had protested, due to the title.

I'm badder than I thought I'd ever be.

Anyway, this time I'm trying out the building of buzz for DM. It's a more accessible book for all, including kids. The reaction I got from a co-worker's 10 year old daughter is, "I liked it." Hardly elaborate praise, but I'm just glad she didn't say it was boring.

I'm hoping to have the book done by Thanksgiving, but it depends on how things go with the illustrations. Ken Min is doing them, and I know better than to rush him. But I know he'll turn out some very nice work.

Can't wait.

No comments: