Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Free your mind...

...And the rest will do back-flips to make it all right. I had the ticket so went to see it --
...and loved it. Caught all the references to the TV show and previous movies (including one that was really at the wrong time for the emotion, but I could understand why). Benedict Cumberbatch oversold it a little, but that worked. I'm no longer anti-Chris Pine in any way. And Zachary...oh, Zachary...I am SO glad I referenced your Spock in "The Lyons' Den". I felt very Tad when I saw you in uniform.

(If you don't understand the reference, buy and read the fucking book...but here's a hint...)

Still gots some attitudes from earlier, today. BUT...as I was waiting for the show to begin, it hit me as to what VoOT is all about and why it happens and the reasons for Jake to be involved. Reasons that extend beyond blood or family. Glad I had paper with me.

So I'm feeling better. And I'm already thinking I'll buy both of the J J Abrahms Star Treks on DVD, once this one comes out. By then I hope to be back in control of my financial situation.

Ha! Dream on.

Oh, and uh...sweet dreams are also made of these...

No comments: