Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

In the dark...

Well...I spent today working out how to get around my timing problem with OT...and it's become scary. Not gonna-kill-ya scary but I don't know what's going to happen with Jake and Tone. Because Dion has very calmly and very casually added to Jake's irritation with Antony's constant testing of him. Which Antony senses and begins to react to. This is one reason why --
A painting Owen did of Jake and Dion when they were together for a week. When they first met. Jake's 18 and in love for the first time. Dion's 25. And it turns out he's been to prison, too, so knows what Jake's been through.

Seems this whole timing situation may have been Dion's way of giving him and Jake more moments together for Antony to obsess over. Dion's happy. Married. Has kids with his husband. He represents an alternative reality to the tense relationship between Antony and Jake...and it's driving a wedge between them because Jake's sensing he may never have that with Tone.

Shit...I no longer know what the ending of the story is. I mean, I know who did what as regards Owen's disappearance; what I don't know is if Antony and Jake will stay together...if Antony will drive him off by trying to make him prove he wants to stay.

Oh, god...I don't know if that makes any sense.

No comments: