Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Oh, scheisse...

I hit the end of chapter 9 of OT and everything's rolling along nice and smooth...and SPLAT! My timeframe is off. Suddenly something Jake has to do the following morning won't work because that would be a Saturday. Banks and DA's offices ain't working the way he needs them to over the weekend. Dammit. What ever happened to a twenty-four-seven society?

Crap. I can't have everything start a day earlier. It won't work. This means Jake has to spend the weekend in Palm Springs when he needs to catch a plane to Texas by Sunday night. Even bumping that to Monday won't work because he'd have to do his business and get everything in order and cleared up by 2pm to make it to the airport in time for a flight home on Southwest.

That's too rushed. So he can't get back till Tuesday, which is the day he needs to be back.

Dammit. My whole elaborate outline needs to be shifted around, now. I HATE it when that happens. Especially when Jake is also pulling shit on me.

He's suddenly remembered a Mormon missionary guy he spent a wild night with, before he met Antony. Just a "We both need sexual contact" moment that's added something more to the story. Because another character's become Mormon and it's messed with my plans, too.

I found this photo after Jake described the guy, and it's close. Hair's a bit long and he'd be in a tie and his Mormon undies, but it works. Thing is, I'm not sure I understand why it's happened, yet.

Except...Dion's blond. And Jake's got a special feeling for him. Plus, Antony senses if anyone can split him and Jake up, it's Dion. And in response to that feeling, he makes a huge mistake. Massive. And I don't know what it will mean for him and Jake.

Shit, if there's anything I didn't want it's for the story to turn into a soap opera.

No comments: