Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

2 Big Deals, today...

First off, a friend of mine who got all born-again used facebook to rip me for being gay. It was in response to the Supreme Court's very limited finding as regards Proposition 8 in California (and DOMA), and it was all "homosexuals live in sin" and "you have to turn to Christ" and Leviticus this and that, as if I don't know what Leviticus says.

I do. I've read the whole friggin' bible from cover to cover. And in Leviticus, adulterers, homosexuals, and children who don't give their parents the proper respect (which some people interpret as meaning juvenile delinquents) should be executed. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. I felt like I'd been slapped, so unfriended him on facebook.

BFD, right? Except...I was having a problem with OT veering into an area I wasn't sure I wanted to have in it. Mainly that there's a concerted effort behind the christian-right to drive gay men and women out of Palm Springs, almost like a test to see if they can do it everywhere. It's not a new idea; I got it from learning how Rick Warren's ministry helped push Uganda's "Kill the Gays" bill. And then there's always the Westboro slime, who picket funerals with their "God says kill fags" signs. If they aren't evidence of evil, I don't know what is.

Well...all inhibitions are off. I'm making OT as vicious as I can, and the bad guys as corrupt. It's going to be major fun, especially since Jake's half-Persian-Muslim and half-Irish-Catholic, and he's going head-to-head with some born-again cretins.

Second, that got a bug up my butt so I expanded my webpage. I was stupid enough to buy it through GoDaddy and they make it hell on earth to manipulate. I finally had to forego the multiple panels they offer on each page (I get up to 5 pages for the money I paid) but it now has "The Alice '65" and "The Lyons' Den" pages, as well as pages for my screenplays and novels, along with links to the facebook, Amazon, B&N and Kobo sites for their respective needs.

If you want to check it out -- go here.

I did something that could get me into trouble, but I honestly don't care. I used the faux lobby card I worked up for "The Alice '65" as the image on the site. If someone does notice it and I get a cease and desist, it'll mean someone's looking, at least. And I'll have no problem taking it down. But until then, I've got my dream cast of Russell Tovey and Eliza Dushku, front and center, with Gertrude to back them up.


Hardly what I'd call living dangerously...but you never know.

No comments: