Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Bike mayhem

Bicycles are everywhere in Munich, and they don't give a damn about pedestrians any more than BMWs do. I've nearly been run down, twice, because I forgot the bike lanes are on the edge of the sidewalk, unmarked except for special asphalt where they're allowed to ride. And they seem to be at war with rollerbladers.

I've also seen $500 bikes parked by the side of a college room with nothing more than a cable wrapped in the spokes. If this'd been Texas or LA, they'd all be gone.

Why is it everywhere I'm going, lately, is having a heat wave? Buffalo. NYC. Now Munich? WTF?

Worked till 8 and had dinner at the one restaurant I've found, so far, that takes visa. A decent meal that didn't overwhelm -- veal scalopini and rosemary potatoes. Tasty.

Even warmer tonight than last night. Irritating.

No comments: