Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

In Munich...

Where very few people speak much English. I've had some assist, but mostly it's been me on my own.

This statue if os Ludwig 1, the King of Baveria, where Munich is located, and founder of the university.

This arch/gate is a memorial of sorts to "The War to end all Wars", if I reading that right.

Not a very interesting city, so far. Lots of big bland buildings and people speaking in a language I will never understand. It's damned warm, but since they don't have anything in the way of AC, the rooms are hot. I have my window open all the way and there isn't even a breeze. I went looking for a fan, but this being Germany, everything closes early on Sundays.

The plane trip was okay, until this teenaged kid not far from me decided to freak out once we'd landed at De Gualle so we wound up being removed to another part of the airport and put on shuttles to the Terminal. That may be part of the actual process, though, because I saw other jets parked there, too.

And Terminal 2 at De Gualle is insane. Jake will handle that in OT, because there's no way he'll be able to do what i have him doing, right now.

I worked on OT during the flight,  but didn't get a lot done. 

No comments: