Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Zyrtek zoning...

Had to pop some allergy crap because I was about to tear my eyes out of my sockets, they itched so badly. Watery. Red. Drops didn't help, nor did washing my face. It was ridiculous. But that brings on the dead zone in part of my brain. When I got home, I cranked up the AC and dropped on the bed and slept for nearly an hour. When I wake up after something like that...man, just try and get me to do anything. Even eat.

Doesn't help that I'm nervous about this job coming up in Munich. I need to pack a library of books and archives to be transported to a university in the US, and the company we chose to work with in Germany is proving to be fucking ludicrous. I ask them questions about what paperwork is needed to export from Germany. No response. I ask about the materials and assistance they're providing. Blown off. I send them the contact information of the people in control of the library, so they can arrange a time to deliver the packing materials. Silence, until I specifically insist they tell me if they got the information. Then I get a one sentence reply that does not make me feel good, because they don't promise to call the client.

They've already bumped up the cost of the shipment by over 1000 Euro by claiming I didn't tell them everything that needed to be done. I checked my emails. I did. They screwed up. But they still want the money. Up front. And our only other choice for a company to handle the shipment is based in Amsterdam, hundreds of kilometers away. I was so damn close to canceling with these characters and contacting the Dutch...but it's a little late, now.

I've got such a bad feeling about this. I hope I'm wrong...but...

But it's affecting my mood, too. A least I got some of OT restructured and simplified. I did have too many paths snaking out everywhere, some of which are good, some of which are bad, some of which are just there. So I pulled two of them back...well, more like shifted them to connect with another path. One changed Lemm's character, a little. The other added a new suspect to the mix.

I got a feeling nobody's going to see the ending coming...because I can't even see it, yet. Seriously, I have no idea how to pull it all together, yet. But it's there. I just need to work my way through the labyrinth.

I hate labyrinths...not.

No comments: