Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Meanderings...

I finished reading James Joyce's The Dead and also The Sisters. He's very accessible in these stories, not like the jumble of Ulysses. I like the simplicity of his style, and the tenderness he shows for his characters. I wasn't aware the reason The Dubliners series wasn't published for over 10 years was because he'd used actual locations around Dublin in it, instead of making up names. Silly reason to hold up publication of a work of fiction, so I think I'll look into it more.

My next project, despite everything said before, is polishing up the newest incarnation of NYPD Blood as Inherent Flaws, tho' I'm trying hard to come up with a better title, albeit one that's not so pulpy. I feel a bit responsible for the guy I've been writing this for. He just wants his story told. So I let him know what the costs are for publishing it through Lightning Source and Smashwords and we'll see how that goes.

I guess I won't get back to OT till after Christmas. But this break from it may be good. I had no idea how to bring the story bits together at the end without it going on and on and on. I may get back to it sooner; I've got a probable packing job in NYC beginning the 16th and will take the train down on the 15th. I've deliberately set myself up on the one that does not have WiFi available. No distractions.

This is going to be a full week, getting ready for that and other possible jobs. I sent one estimate over to my bosses earlier this evening. Next come 3 more.

Let's rock.

No comments: