Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, June 9, 2014

...And a bit with a dog...

Zeke got himself a puppy. Thor. He's the kind of guy who'd have a dog or two as companions. And any girl he likes would have to like the dog, too...and it her.

I added a few more pages, this evening, and dropped half of what I was going to transfer from book format. As the story's evolved, it's shed a lot of superfluous nonsense. First draft'll still be clunky, but tighter than my first drafts usually are.

Carli's also done something that surprised me, but I don't want to say what it is because I'm not 100% on it, yet...though she is. And she led me to a bit where someone gets pushed off a high place and falls to their death, screaming, then cut to Carli smacking a pool ball into a pocket. Our homage to Hitchcock.

I don't see this being over 100 pages long. I know the tendency these days is to make action-suspense movies 2 hours plus, but that's silly for a story this straightforward and clean.

At least, I hope it is.

No comments: