Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 16, 2015

Almost there...

I have about 70 pages left to cut through on OT, and of course they're the most intense...but if all goes according to plan, I'll be done with this draft on Sunday. Then I'm letting it sit for a week as I work on the synopsis and make plans for the book-publishing aspect before I go through, again, for typos. Seems no matter how many times I do that, I keep finding them...

Unless...I ask my beta readers to do that for me. It's better when someone else finds things like that; I tend to read in letters and words where they're wrong, since I know the story and what I mean with it. Yeah, probably better. I'll do a spell check, at least, then away it goes.

I did some work on the cover, once I couldn't sit still anymore. I think I'm going to use an 8x5 inch format on this one. It all depends on how many pages that winds up being...and the attendant costs. I also think if I do work this up as a hardcover, I may do it as a number of limited copies. Maybe 50 or so? Have them designated on the copyright page.

I have a real copyright on the book. If you do it by electronic means, it's $35. A bargain. I'm slowly copyrighting everything I've written, be it a screenplay or book. All my published work is done; it's some of the other things that need it. WGA registrations are cheaper but they run out after 10 years.

Monday I'm headed down to NYC, again, and maybe Baltimore. Even though snow flurries are already expected. Looks like winter's out to mess with my travel plans, again.

Damn you, climate change...

No comments: