Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

At the airport in a JetBlue delay...

There are a lot of things I like about Jet Blue, but consistently being on time ain't one of 'em. I'd say half the time their planes are delayed, occasionally to the point I miss an appointment or a connection. As of now, I should easily make my flight in Boston...but you never know. The flight out of Buffalo went from a 20 minute delay to a 40 minute to now nearly an hour.

They aren't the only airline to have this trouble. The later it gets in the day the more likely Southwest will be delayed, too. And United has consistently caused me trouble, to the point I do not want to even think of flying them. That's half the reason I'm using Cathay out of Toronto; twice on international flights I've missed my connection at Newark thanks to them -- once to Hong Kong and once to Lisbon.

I wish I had more time to do the travel; then I'd go by train or just drive. It's already easier to go that route down to NYC. And you don't have to hassle with the TSA and their squirrelly requirements. The only positive, right now, is as soon as I post this, I'm jumping back onto OT. Can't do that while driving.

At least, you can't till we have driverless cars...

No comments: