Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Done all over again...

Okay, The Vanishing of Owen Taylor is done, yet again. 511 pages, 115,353 words. It's ready to get some beta reads, again, so I'll hit up some fellow writers and see what they're up for. Then one last polish and I'm putting it to work. I don't know how I feel about it, yet; my brain is still fuzzy from this last polish. I mean, I like it...but I'm still open to working on it if something flat out makes no sense. So I guess I haven't fallen in love with my words, this time.

I bought a block of ISBNs from Bowker because they had a sale going on -- 25% off -- so I had to do it. Then I realized I haven't filled in everything on the ones I've used, so far. That needs to be done. But tomorrow begins NaNoWriMo and so I won't be able to focus on it till the beginning of December. But at least I'm ready to do the push on it. I even got some bar codes.

I also sent Return To Darian's Point off to a Canadian group to be read. I'm now waiting to hear back on a half-dozen scripts being considered. Sounds like a lot, but considering where I am and how reticent I've been when it comes to trying to get people interested in my work, it's nowhere near enough.

Something I have to keep reminding myself of is, I'll be on the road 16 of November's 30 days. I'm leaving on the 4th for a 3 job round, then back for a few days and gone to Hong Kong on the 18th. And there have been rumors of a job in Chicago near the beginning of December, but nothing more to be heard about it so that may be nothing.

Too bad; I like Chicago.

No comments: