Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

In a bad place, right now...

I got nothing done on OT during this round of jobs, and Saturday I'm off to Seattle then Boston in what promises to be a lot of tough work so doubt I'll get anything more done. I don't know what it was, but I could not focus my thoughts during this drive -- 1270 miles in 3 days. No radio. But my brain still wandered all over the place. Drove through some nice country with the leaves just beginning to turn, but it was all the sort of Oh, that's nice in passing kind of enjoyment...which is minimal.

Maybe a lot of this has to do with me not eating right during this trip. I don't really do breakfast and I've skipped lunch twice, nibbling on crackers and DP to make do till dinner because I wanted to keep to my schedule. Get in, get out, get on with my life...and I managed to work it okay. But I now feel very on edge and unsure of what to do next.

Then I got home and found La Quinta's being a pain in the ass, again. Seems lately any time I have to change a reservation with them, it gets screwed up. I got billed for an extra $158 for my stay in NYC, last week, because they say I didn't tell them I was only staying 4 nights instead of 6. Fortunately, I hadn't trashed the updated reservation, yet, so I can send them that in the morning, but it's irritating as hell and shouldn't be necessary.

Then the hotel I stayed at in New Haven didn't factor in my AAA discount even though they have my AAA card and it was worked in on the sheet when I signed in. But I stupidly didn't check it when I got my receipt, this morning, so I got billed the full rate.

Then I called my brother in San Antonio and found out he will need cataract surgery...and that my nephew is having problems with the latest house he's trying to renovate and sell...and that little bro' had a near run-in with the cops because a CVS employee thought he was homeless and ordered him out of the store. He was there to buy a soda and said so. They got into an argument and the clerk called the cops...who agreed he looked homeless. He'd been working that day, in construction, and showed the cops he had money on him. He was just dirty from the job. Made no difference; they told stay away from CVS.

And on top of it all, the world is supposed to end, tomorrow, according to this doomsday cult who've only made the same damned prediction three times before. Maybe I'm just reacting to the growing insanity of the world...I dunno...I just feel like I'm ready to run amok and tear at my hair as I scream wild obscenities at life in general...

...Still clothed; I'm not that crazy...yet...

No comments: