Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 2, 2015

Line by line...

I went back through chapter 1...the intro to the story...and trimmed down some more. Not a lot, and some was just consolidating or restructuring sentences to made the reading smoother. I'm also working up a step outline from what I have written so I can more easily cross-reference what I've done. Relying on remembering what it is just isn't hacking it.

Man...I'd been honing that logical flaw in the story from the outset, and to be this far along in the writing before I noticed it has made me pretty damned unsure of myself. I know I'm prone to trying to make my work perfect and getting so lost in it I can't see the glaring issues, even as I polish up the minimal ones, but this was one instance where I should have handled it earlier. Before I send this out for its second beta read, I want it to be as close as possible to the final product.

Long day at work getting ready for the next round of jobs...and then the Seattle Book Fair...and another job popping up, not to mention my plans being changed on me by my boss so that I'm going to be on the road longer. I'm actually at the point where I have no firm idea of what I'm doing the rest of October and November, just highlights.

Sometimes I feel cross-eyed...

No comments: