Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Okay, not so crazy...

I backed off a little from what I'd initially written and it works better. I'd had it where Jake lets a killer get away with it for all the right reasons, and it was just too much. Now Jake just isn't helping track them down. Much better.

The story seems to be hovering right around 116K in wordage and 512 pages. Once that starts to happen, I know the story is done except for small details and minimal changes. I'll be done this weekend. I know it. Just in time to start on NaNoWriMo. No rest for the wicked writer.

I need to find time to start working on advancing my writing -- especially my screenplays. I've got a couple now that are lower-budget range. and I could rework some of them to fit just about any location. I've redone my suspense-thriller KAZN from LA and Moscow into Casablanca and Marseilles, then into Belfast and London. It would also work in any large American city -- Toronto, Chicago, Boston, Houston...

Same for my psychological horror script, Mine to Kill. I've set it in Houston, Seattle, Syracuse, London...anyplace that has a major teaching hospital, because what matters is the characters, not whee they are.

Other scripts are site specific, but that's not a detriment. I don't think. Guess I'l find out.

Or not...

No comments: