Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Okay...not so done...

On this drive I thought of a couple of inconsistencies and things that weren't explained in the current draft of OT, so away I shall go to rework them and make it make sense. Maybe. We shall see what we shall see. The good thing is, I'm not out and about till the beginning of November, now. Gives me a chance to regain my brain.

It may have helped that the traffic backup was so bad in the Delaware Water Gap, coming home, I got off the 80 and drove up to the roads alongside the Delaware River thinking I could cross over to the 209 and connect with the 84. Only problem was, two of the bridges were closed. I wound up driving almost all the way on two-lane backwoods roads that were lovely but put me way behind schedule. I didn't get home till 9:30.

Still, I did get some nice photos and found an old bridge that crossed a happy stream, so I pulled an Elton John and pissed in it. And it let my brain relax enough to catch the errors of my writing ways. So no real complaints. Images to follow.

In the notion that as soon as you get rid of something you'll need it, the Best Western I was at had the weirdest WiFi. It would not let me onto Facebook, my blog or work e-mail through Safari, and when I switched to Chrome it only halfway agreed to work. I called the support desk, and they said, "Get an ethernet cable." Did the hotel have one? No. And do I have one anymore? No. Got rid of it a few weeks back.

I'm never throwing anything away ever again.

No comments: