Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Old age and panic attack...

Woke up with a nasty muscle spasm in my left leg. Took half an hour to calm it down, and I still ache.  I'm going to draw a nice hot bath and sit in that, in a moment, reading a mystery I'm not very fond of. It's not bad, but it came highly recommended and I'm just not able to get into it. The writing is archaic, like they took their style from Dumas or De Maupassant. Weird.

I also had a bit of panic when I couldn't find two of my thumb drives. Both contain massive amounts of my background paperwork and such, and I had this horrible feeling they might have been lost when my bag fell over in Seattle and spilled everything everywhere. I checked the bag but nothing so searched my clothes and apartment and suitcase...then dumped everything that had been with me on this rondelet of work...and found them caught in with some pens and pencils. Tomorrow I'm buying another thumb drive and dumping everything onto it and keeping it someplace safer.

 Now some photos from the last few trips. Like the Seattle Space Needle. I took it while en route to the book fair. I take the train from SeaTac to Westlake Square, then take the Monorail from there to the park. The glob of metal on the right of the photo is the Experience Music Project Museum, and the curve of concrete at the bottom is what the monorail rides on.
Driving up the 390 towards Rochester.
The best colors I got in Maine.

Boston as the plane took off for home. It's damn near impossible to get around in Boston unless you know the city or trust your GPS. Getting out of Logan Airport was an adventure unto itself, and don't get me started on getting back in...

Beantown has farts for brains...

No comments: