Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

One last pass...

I started at the beginning and am working my way through to the end of OT. Some smoothing here and there and a touch of rearranging, but so far so go. I'd wanted some time to decompress between finishing this book and doing NaNoWriMo, but it looks like that ain't gonna happen. Such is my life. I spent too much of it being lazy and casual; I'm making up for that in spades.

I was going to work up a synopsis for OT, not just for the back of the book or the online posting, but also for the hardcover, in case I decide to do that. But now it's pretty clear the book won't be ready to go till after the first of the year. Maybe I can get it started and paid for in time to use for this year's taxes, but we'll have to see about that. Right now, I'm focused on making it work as good as I can.

Getting going on Underground Guy on Sunday won't be hard; I already have an outline of where the story needs to go...even though it's not very solid, yet. And I know who the characters are and who the killer is; I just need to get from A-Z on that. It's going to be fun, making a bad man the hero of the book, as he comes to realize who he is and what he's done. I don't know if he'll wind up good or finding ways to justify his actions or what; that'll be the fun part of the journey.

I'd change the title to Getting To Know You but that's a bit too show-tunes for me...

No comments: