Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Preparations...

I did as much as I could on OT, today, then began to zone. It will be done by the end of the month. Period. Including letting it sit then going through it to proof for typos before sending it out. Then I'm getting onto NaNoWriMo.

I've set myself up for the 2015 challenge, and I'm doing Underground Guy. I've got it plotted out and sort of started, so I'm not working from zero. And it will give me the impetus to finish a draft. I've even worked up a possible cover. Not the best I've ever done but a beginning.

I'm kind of itching to get back to work with Devlin, Reg, and Tawfi. They're such a disparate trio -- Devlin a rapist finding out he can't justify his actions, anymore; Reg a decent cop who's married and thinks he's aware but find he isn't; and Tawfi the epitome of style, sophistication and entitlement who believes himself immune to human reality...but isn't.

Each already has his own voice and is willing to lead me places; I've been putting them off till I got done with OT. Now I can set the date to rejoin their conversation...November 1st. It won't be easy and I may not make it, but I'll have a good start and a nice long round-trip to Hong Kong to focus on it, because according to Cathay's website, my plane has an AC outlet under the seat.

If you gots the power, you gots to use it...

No comments: