Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, November 16, 2015

UG Moves Forward...

I finally found Dev's spirit animal -- a black panther on the prowl. Looks beautiful but you don't want to pet it...not till it says it's okay. And even then, be very, very careful.

Changing the collision between Devlin and Reg from chance to something Dev deliberate seeks out is a hell of a lot better for him and the story. It also makes it a hell of a lot more complicated and tosses out half of what I wrote in the confrontation between Dev and Reg's boss, Chief Inspector Sir Montague St. James...AKA: Sir Monte.

Dev's become more insolent. His killer instinct makes him a good salesman, and he's able to schmooze with the best of them, but like any cat, once it's tired of you, leave it alone or it will tear you up.

Talk about the epitome of an anti-hero...

Tomorrow I'm off to Hong Kong so no telling how often I'll be posting...or when. I'm meeting up with a friend of a friend for a drink, Friday evening, and may be connecting with another business acquaintance on Saturday. It's looking like a full trip. Busy...

At least I'll be able to get my hair cut, tomorrow, and not have to deal with it flopping in my face.

No comments: