Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

DP is done...

It's now 100 pages long and reads much cleaner than before. I've sent it off. That's all I can do. I like the script and the story, and really do need to write the opening to it; the part that shows exactly what happened to start the whole curse. I have it worked out, but it'll be long if I put everything into it.

Something interesting about this is, by accident I learned I was spelling the ancient name of O'Brien wrong. I had Ui Briuin; it's Ua Briain. I thought I had it right and the site I'd happened onto was wrong, but some cross referencing said otherwise. So I've changed it in Return to Darian's Point, as well. I have a feeling one is just another version of spelling for the other and that's where I got it, but it doesn't matter. It's everything else that does.

I saw my eye doctor, today, and also found out my eyesight is still 20/20. Plus my bloodwork's results were posted on my doctor's site, and my cholesterol is down to 154. Everything else is screwy, to no surprise considering how poorly I ate while traveling, but that's really good. I'm trying to eat better, but it's Christmas and we're getting nothing but munchies from vendors we use. One sent us oranges that made amazing juice, but mostly it's cookies and candy. Oh, well...after the new year, all will be different.

Right.

No comments: