Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, December 7, 2015

Questions never stop...

I'm at a point where I need Devlin to be released by the Metropolitan Police, but I can't just have it happen. It needs to make sense, and I couldn't figure out a good excuse. Not till I was doing my dishes and having a hell of a time cleaning a frying pan...when Reg and Dev started talking to each other...and it worked itself out.

Sir Monte, who's Chief Inspector on this case, still thinks Dev's helping the killer and is hoping he'll lead them to the guy. Of course, he's smart enough to know Dev will figure that out, so also uses Reg to keep him off balance. Knowing he may be putting Reg in serious danger...and, in fact, is. But he's out to stop a serial killer and will do anything he must to do it.

I'd written a chapter between Reg and Dev in Dev's hotel room...but it's now wrong. Reg wasn't being a cop who's also seen war in Her Majesty's Army; he was being a confused bloke. The conversation he has with Dev now shifts that, and a few harsh truths come out. And what's even better, Dev is completely off center, now. The mess with his mother's body slammed him harder than he realized, and he's halfway wondering if he pulled his crap with a man he suspected to be a cop just to make sure he wouldn't have to deal with it.

Well...when in doubt, Freud it up...

No comments: