Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sidetracked, again...

Someone in the UK wants to read Darian's Point so I was checking it for typos and realized it's written in a rather archaic style. So I'm halfway done with updating it. No changes, except having an argument between Thomas (the male lead) and his mother, Mrs. O'Brien, in Gaelic instead of English; that did feel necessary. The rest of it, I like. It's just my novel-esque descriptions of what's going on that had to be gotten rid of. By removing the mini-hyperbole, I've dropped 2 pages.

It's still an off-beat story. Gothic horror, of a sort, set in 1910 off the west coast of Ireland in a clash between old-world belief and new world reason. I still think Aidan Turner would be perfect as Thomas, and Ann Hathaway as Marion. That'd be fun...

I've been submitting scripts to Amazon but they're turning down everything with the same pat phrase -- Not right for our slate but if you do major rewrites you can resubmit it. I mean, they're turning down award-winning scripts in the space of a day, and I know I'm submitting the projects right. If they're going to be like that, they can kiss my ass. I've sent them my best stuff, already -- romantic comedy, horror, thriller, action...not sure what else I can do.

I'm still waiting to hear back on several other applications I've made for scripts or writing jobs. I need to start keeping a log of this crap.

I got some feedback on OT, and once more it's the first 2-3 chapters that are the problem, according to this guy. After that, he says it's like I got hold of the story and everything settled in, so I need to think up a way out of this mess. Maybe I'm trying too hard to keep it as a stand-alone instead of feeding off RIHC6. Maybe I just need to let that idea go and make it its own tale, with only general reference to what happened before, throughout the book. I need some time to think about this.

Hell, I need months worth of time just to catch up with myself.

No comments: