Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, October 3, 2016

If I could afford to live here...

 ...I would go in a heartbeat. It's a national forest in Switzerland...and it is magical...

I can't get anybody to give me reviews on The Vanishing of Owen Taylor. Not friends. Not people I've given the book to. Not magazines or online reviewers. I'm not sure if that means it's crap or it's not an easy read or it's too brilliant (my actual preference), but it would be nice to get some real feedback. I don't want to make the same mistakes in Place of Safety that I did or might have done in OT.

And I'm sure there were plenty. Same for The Lyons' Den and Bobby Carapisi. I got ambitious in those two...and in OT, to an extent. Playing around with how the narrative is told. Seeing just how far I could go. I've gotten good reviews on both of them...one of which made a good point about the ending of LD...but that seems to be the extent of it.

Maybe I should publish a version of OT in Kindle just to get the ebook on Amazon.

No comments: