Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Another possible artist of LD...

This guy works in what I call a neon style, using electronic media to do his painting. Rich tones and non-realistic but evocative. If he decides not to or isn't able to, I'm doing a color pencil rendition. I suppose I could try painting it in acrylics...or doing pastels. but no matter what, it's getting done; this has been going on for too damn long.

I do still have one aspect of the cover to decide -- do I put Ace and Carmen behind Daniel? Or Ace and Tad? Or Ace and Van? It could go any which way, since they all connect with him. I may finally just decide to flip a coin.

I've set a target date of March 1st for The Lyons' Den's new edition, so I have to get it ready. After that, complete The Alice '65 and work up the cover for that...and then on to Place of Safety. It's time to finish it.

I've had a bit of a health scare that's giving me cause to focus and forced me to accept my life has an expiration date. What it is, I don't know, but if I want it to last a while longer, I've got to take better care of myself. Stop being such a lazy slug. In so many things.

I'm currently without a personal phone and irritated...but feeling free...

No comments: