Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Nuclear option...

That's what I did with The Lyons' Den. It refers to clearing out all formatting in your Word document. You shift it to text format, only, open a new blank document, cut and paste the text doc into the new doc and wind up with nothing but the wordage. No formatting at all. But it was needed. There were some things I couldn't get rid of in the published document for LD, in order to make it work for ebook...so I started from scratch.

I've gone through and re-input the majority of the formatting that I wanted. I'm now reading through it to redo the italicized bits and then will add in the hyperlinks to the Table of Contents. Mind-numbing, to an extent...as if my brain needed to be numbed.

That was yesterday and today. Well, evenings. The days were taken up with bringing dealers into the US for the Miami Map Fair, Pasadena Book Fair, and California Book Fair in Oakland and prep for the New York Book Fair. There's so much going on, I keep getting the fairs mixed up and having to reverse myself to make sure I don't screw things up.

Didn't do so well...I gave out the wrong Bill of Lading number for a shipment going to Pasadena to a driver who hadn't take his paperwork with him when he went to drop off the shipment at the freight company. Fortunately, it was easy to correct...but it pissed off my coworker and messed me up for the rest of the day, I got so paranoid about making another mistake.

I need to simplify my life.

No comments: