Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, January 6, 2017

Long day but gonna be fun...

Monday I'm off to London, arriving Tuesday morning...just in time for some transit strikes. What joy this will be. But I'm not going to worry about it. Just walking around the city is fine with me; I love London. I only get to stay till Thursday, but it's on the company dime so I ain't complaining.

I'm going to try and check out some of the sites I'm referencing in A65 and MFD and UG -- Canary Wharf, Knightsbridge, Epping, Hounslow East, City Airport and marina. Not much. I'm also going to cross Tower Bridge, this time. I haven't since I was a child. I think it's time.

As I work through A65, ideas come up to make the story interesting as I go along...at least, for me. I'm settling into the third person voice and am using it to bring in the billionaire who's after the book, too, as well as the chaotic world surrounding Casey. Chaos she knows how to live with. The telling still seems a bit on the lightweight side, but I hope to work that out as I go through the next draft.

I was in Toronto on Wednesday. It was nice going up but then a front blew in and DAMN, it got cold. One of those cutting winds. But I got everything done ahead of schedule and got back to Buffalo before the traffic hit and it got dark. Which would have been great except I'd left my car under a spot where there was a drip and it took me a while to get the door open; it was frozen over.

Toronto's a fairly straight drive up the Queen's Expressway through an area that reminds me of northwest Houston, and it has been a while since I was in the downtown area. Wow, that city gives Manhattan a run for its money when it comes to skyscrapers. I thought about stopping to take a photo but for some reason they don't like you to do that on the freeway. Dammit.

So now I've had a nice hot cup of cocoa and feeling sleepy, so tomorrow will bring new info...maybe...

No comments: