Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Perfect timing...

I left London just as the rains came. In fact, it was pouring at Gatwick Airport so I began to wonder if my flight would be delayed...but no; off we went. I rode back in coach, and while there's more legroom in business class, the meal was a lot better with the masses, and the seat was just as comfortable.

The only real problem with the return was making my connection to Jet Blue. I got through Customs in 5 minutes, thanks to Nexus...and then waited 45 minutes for my bag to show up. I swear, they were putting one bag on the luggage carousel every 10 seconds...and mine was, quite literally, the last one to show up. I barely made it.

Of course, it didn't help that I was exhausted, by this point. I spent from 6am to 10pm out and about in the city. Walking. Climbing up and down stairs thanks to only half the underground stations having escalators or lifts. Hills. Steps up and down to places. Roadways where barriers make you cross at the corner. Whooh...I crashed and slept till 10am, Thursday.

Got in just before midnight, last night. Worked today. Tomorrow's the final repairs on my car...then Sunday I start inputting the changed. Got 'em all worked out...and Adam's added more details to his world, as well. What makes it great is, Casey's also beginning to.

So in tribute to my time in London, here's another shot of Tower Bridge, from between 7am and 7:30.
In the distance, between the towers, you can see Canary Wharf. It's a 9 minute ride on The Thames, and 6GBP, which you can pay for with your Oyster Card. In fact, I could have used my Oyster Card for Thameslink and not bothered with online booking. Ugh. I guess it's like the Octopus Card in Hong Kong, now -- you can even use it for meals. Put a hundred pounds on it and that'll last you for days...

Live and learn.

No comments: