Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Surprise...

I actually got a nibble from the graphic artist on LD. He wants to do the the full cover, since he does this for a living. Right now I'm trying to find out his rate. If it's not terrible, I may go for it. Make up for the cover that was on the first edition...which did not really suit the book.

Here's a sample of his work. Not at all my style, and I cannot replicate the clean lines and simple use of color, but I really like it. This image got me to thinking I might do the cover with Daniel looking in the mirror to see the characters peeking around a shower curtain and tried working up a few sketches...but it was way too cutesy.

Now? I'm putting six keys on the back cover, with the new synopsis working around them with a heading reading, A mystery writer gets trapped in a bribery scandal that turns to murder and love...all in 2 hours on a Friday night.

I'm keeping the size 5.5x8.5 inches, and I doubt I'll put out a hardcover of it. Looks like the lowest I can get the price is $10.99, but that's pretty good for a book, these days. The ebook price will be $1.99. Doesn't give me a lot in royalties, but I don't care. I just want it to get seen and read.

Once this is done, I'm finishing A65 and getting it out there, then I have to focus all my energy on P/S. I've avoided it for so long and made so many excuses not to complete it, I've become a caricature of myself. How will I know what the story really is till I write it? How can I tell what Brendan wants to say till he's told me all of it?

I can't complain about anyone else being cowardly when I've been such a whimpering fool about that story.

No comments: