Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, February 3, 2017

Got an artist...

Zanvarin is going to work up a cover for The Lyons' Den. I gave him as much detail as I could to let him know what I'm after, so we'll see how it goes. It's not costing much, but it's still a hit to my budget. I'm getting a sketch sometime this weekend and I should have the final work in a couple weeks. Then I can work it into a cover and go, go, go...

I'm now shifting focus back to The Alice '65 to work on its 3rd person style, and hope to have it ready to print and red-pen by next weekend. But I'm headed down to Florida for The Map Fair, Sunday, so have to do laundry tomorrow and won't have all of Saturday and Sunday to work. I'll try and do some of it on the flight down, but it's early morning and I'm going straight to the fair and the next day is an early one that's going on long, too...and I'm already tired.

Oh, it's been a tiring week. Two fairs this weekend -- Miami and a book fair in Pasadena that I wish I could have handled but wasn't given the option to; chaos in shipments --like two dealers' book for the California Fair next weekend being on that Swiss Air flight that made an emergency landing in Nowheresville, Canada...and who might not get their books to their booths before the fair opens; and two packing jobs canceling with another in jeopardy because of contract issues brought about by a university's legal department.

I've had a low-grade headache the last couple days and just want to sleep. Guess I'm at that stage of life where your body's weary of the non-stop struggle.

Means I'm finally getting old...

No comments: