Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Closer...

I worked a bit more on the cover and it's closer to what I wanted. I think I was being too optimistic in thinking the art, alone, would sell the book. It's good, but LD is a wild, off-the-wall story and needs more on the cover to reflect that. Here's another possibility...

I'm thinking of putting the three guys on the other side of a window and grabbing some faces off the web to mess with then put their reflections in the glass. I've gotten a little feedback off Facebook friends and followers, so we'll see how it goes. If I want to release this anytime soon, I need to upload a cover to Smashwords on Saturday. I forgot they have lead-time before making the book available in an ebook.

I may do a place-holder cover, to get it going, and change it later. I've received compliments on the artwork; I just need to figure out how best to use it. Floating, translucent keys with faces in them? A different tag line? A writer trying to write...what could go wrong?

Or...maybe my whole concept is wrong and I need to figure something else out...which would really suck, because I paid for this art, and the artist is expecting to be the cover.

And dammit, I just plain like it.

No comments: