Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, March 31, 2018

BritBox v. Acorn...

I treated myself to a binge-watch of season 8 of Vera, on BritBox, which was good...except they kept in the commercial break titles in all 4 episodes. Acorn doesn't do that. But...BritBox has a good selection of BBC and ITV programs, including the Hetty Wainthropp series and all the Prime Suspects while Acorn doesn't. And I only had one glitch happen with BritBox -- in the middle of episode 2 of Vera, the streaming stopped cold and to get past it I had to push the cursor ahead a bit -- but when I watched the Rupert Everett version of Sherlock Holmes, the sound was completely in sync and no interruptions. Had a bit of trouble on that with Acorn, on some shows. However, I couldn't pause the Holmes. Not cool when you want to make a cup of tea.

Brenda Blethyn is still in top form, on Vera, but I  cannot seem to warm to Aidan in the place of Joe. Kenny Doughty is a cool, jokey actor as opposed to David Leon's warmth. They've tried to humanize him in this section by having him cook for his wife, whom we never see; what's funny is, that scene got me to thinking they were setting him up to be revealed as gay and lying about having a missus. That might have been interesting. But no...at least, not yet.

I'm letting myself kick back a bit before diving into P/S. After all the push and pull within myself over A65, I'm kind of worn out. Maybe a little burnt out. Of course, I'm also a bit itchy to get back to writing, so I'm beginning to see that as me having nothing else to do. Could that mean I'm a writer-holic?

I think I have everything set up that I can to get A65 going in sales. I've got promotions started -- free ebooks via Kindle for 5 days, 4-9 April -- and asked PW for a review and a few other possibilities. I won't know how it's doing till later next week, after the official release of the hardcover. I'm going to wait to do the paperback till I get everything finalized with the LoC on the details for my listing data. I'll want it correct...and if that means updating everything...well, that's what it means. They won't verify anything till they have a copy of the hardcover book.

Jeez...I just hope the information I put on the copyright page, already is correct.

No comments: