Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Oh, my fur and whiskers...

The Alice '65 is an official 190 pages long, with 16 pages of title and info and blanks and such...for a grand total of 206 pages. My eyes hate me, right now, and my back is weary from sitting...but I've done as much as I can with the book. I'm shifting it to PDF format, tomorrow, and checking it over, again, just to see...and that will be that.

I almost don't believe it. I halfway think something's going to pop up showing me I've screwed it up in some massive way and I'll have to postpone, again...but as it currently stands, I may well make my date of 24 March for publication.

Now comes the glorious task of making it into an ebook, with no blank sections and all my spacing between chapters undone. Just as I'm about to embark on a job in Louisville, KY. Nothing major, just a couple days. Still it's a disruption...and at the same time, it's not. I like to travel. I'm working up a quote for another job in DC for week after next and I'm pushing to drive because it would be so much easier to coordinate.

But that's for after the launch of the book. Louisville, I'm flying to so can work on the plane. It's better, sometimes.

Oh, shit, I just remembered something I meant to change in the book.

No comments: