Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Push and pull...

Made it back to Buffalo by catching a northbound flight instead of an eastbound one. Went from Louisville, in the middle of a snowstorm, to Detroit, where there is no snow then from there to Buffalo, which is cold but still not as bad as Louisville. My SUV, there, had 4 inches of snow on it and all I had to scrape it off with was a piece of cardboard. Fortunately, it was wet snow, not icy.

So now the two jobs I was going to do in New York, tomorrow, are set for Tuesday of next week, after one in DC. Fly down, do the DC job, hop a train from BWI to NYC, stay overnight, do two more jobs and do the late flight home. Zoom zoom...not; we sat on the tarmac for an hour, in Louisville, waiting to take off. So I broke protocol and pulled out my laptop to do some work.

I've done another check on A65 and something in me is saying do one more, THEN upload it to Ingram. I only found 6 mistakes in this pass, but I also made some more changes to help clarity...and consistency of characters. And to be less obvious, in a couple of spots. I had one moment near the end with Patricia that was just too much, but changing it to a quiet comment while acknowledging she did something rotten made a later bit involving her work a lot better.

I also let Adam reveal earlier that Connor nicknamed him hobbit, because he's short in stature. It ties in better to a moment between him and Julie, and prepares the reader for the animosity Adam reveals between him and his older brother.

Anyway, it now looks like my upload date will be the 24th, if everything goes right. Then I'll order a physical proof, once I've checked over the PDF one. If that works out well, then it will be time to order copies to hand out.

God...I can't imagine how long it will take me to get P/S into shape...it being 3 times longer....

No comments: