Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, March 3, 2018

You know you're close to done when...

You don't make as many changes as in the previous drafts. I just completed this last one and have a few, but not all that many. Mostly it's finding spots where I missed a period or typed in sock instead of shock, that sort of thing. Only about half a dozen. I'm going to do nothing but input the changes, this time, then do my backwards read to see if I find more typos...but I think I've gone as well as I can without spending a hell of a lot of money on it...money I don't have.

I'll also need to go through the printing setup to make sure there's nothing silly in it -- like a dash being all alone on a line below a paragraph or a single two-letter word finishing a line at the top of the next page. Things that can cause irritation and take the reader out of the story. I've got 3 weeks to get this right, so here goes.

Of course, next week is short and the weekend of no use. I'll be in Austin at my niece's wedding and will only have time on the plane, each way, to work on A65...but I can set up the electronic formatting on that. It's my hope to have the book off to Ingram Spark by Thursday to set up the hardcover and get a proof sent to me.

Man...I am so optimistic...

No comments: