Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, April 8, 2019

A65 begins again...

Here we go...my first pass at the opening image for the slide-show to go with the reading of The Alice '65. It's not there, yet, but it's a beginning. I'm already thinking I'm going to get rid of half the window and make that more bookshelves. His eyes need a bit of straightening out, and that shirt looks too big on him, around the collar; Adam would not wear something as loose as that because it looks unprofessional.

I've plotted out between 36 and 42 images to do, depending on how it goes along. I was tempted to use Daniel Radcliffe as the model for Adam but he's too well known, so keeping with the unknown kid I used on the cover is best. I'm not going to rush them; I want rich, full images. This has to look right and not just tossed together.

I went into my usual downbeat attitude, today, now that PM is done and gone. I get all keyed up working on a project and when I finish I feel lost for a little bit. I actually did nothing but sit at my table and listen to KCRW for a couple hours before rousing myself and starting on that sketch, and it kick-started me out of my funk.

I need to keep reminding myself that's what's always worked in the past -- doing artwork when I'm down. It's my comfort work...and while I soon learned I'd never be one of the great artists, I didn't care. It made me feel good to actually see something I created.

Something that never happened in film.

No comments: