Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, April 4, 2019

I must be getting old...

This trip to NYC was a rough one. The ride down was nice but the client was a royal pain -- one of those people who knows you can't do what you say you'll do, who insists it should be done differently, who's sure he's being ripped off be someone, who doesn't listen to what you have to say, and makes the job a hundred times harder than it needs to be.

It was only 120 books, but they're high value so each one got a photograph taken in the order they were on an XLS the dealer sent me. Then I wrapped each one in tissue and bubble and set them in doubled-up boxes and wound up with a total of 10 cartons. The one positive aspect of this was, I got the job done in the time I said I would, barely and despite him, and the books are now en route to London.

I caught an earlier train, the next day, because the pickup was right on time, and used the ride to label the photos. It was harder than I thought, and tedious, and I got a nasty headache from it...and I'm only and 2/3 done. Ugh.

I did another pass on PM on the trip down and started up some sketches for A65, but the train ride was too rough to do any artwork, between Albany and NYC. I input the changes, this evening, and it's still 120 pages long. I'm not happy with my ending line; it's too awkward. I need something with a kick and all Alec's coming up with is a threat. That's weak. I'll work on it over the weekend then send it off on Sunday. I'm not going to spend any more time on this. I want it done and out there.

Saturday I'm doing an online Q&A on a Facebook site to publicize my books. I get half an hour to pose, posture and preen at 11:30 am, my time. It's a closed group, so I don't think anyone else can see it...but if you want to try, it's the Dark and Taboo Author Takeover on M/M Banter Group. I'll be pushing UG, first...and PM, since I'm doing the script...and everything else, as time allows...

I be dark and taboo, I do be...do...be dooo...

No comments: