Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 16, 2009

1 am

I just finished proofing the galleys for "Bobby Carapisi - Volume II" and sent it off to the publisher. Not many typos -- though there were still some, even after my proofing it three times before submitting it -- but I am asking to have a couple of paragraphs switched and I don't know how that will go over.

Now I can focus on MFD and try to get it done before the end of the month. But the way my mother and brother keep bothering me, I can't guarantee I'll make it, even though I have more than two weeks.

You see, NaNoWriMo begins on November 1st, and I want to jump into writing "Place Of Safety" and that will be a monster to do -- mainly because of my insecurity about the story. I should be digging into my research and reading the books I have...meaning I should drop MFD and focus on just that. But I'm torn between the two. I just achieved a breakthrough on MFD and don't want to lose any more momentum. And I do have SO much research still to do for POS, I halfway think getting a first very rough draft down is best so I can focus that research into what the story needs.

Good thing is, I don't have to look for a job till Thanksgiving since I have enough money to pay my bills through November. December is another story.

No comments: