Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dead DSL

I spent most of the day dealing with DSL issues. Turns out my box had to be replaced and I needed all new IP and router addresses. God knows how much this'll cost.

I'm doing some editing of a script I did a rewrite job for. The author told me he just changed a couple of pages and wanted to make sure they were all right to send out. Turns out, he's changed something on every page I've looked at, so far...and I'm floored. I'm now caught in the notion that I need to correct his grammar and typos because he's sending this script out with my name as one of the writers, and I don't want people to think I'm illiterate. Though that's not necessarily a problem as regards screenwriters; half the scripts I've read in my life read like they were written by people who stopped learning English when they were 10...and we're talking college graduates who somehow got a degree despite the fact that they can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're" or "its" and "it's". It's an embarrassment. No wonder the US is falling behind the rest of the world in education.

So I'm starting on page 1 and detailing this thing. And it really ticks me off...but I'm not doing it for him; I'm doing it for my own peace of mind. And I hate it when I have to do that because it takes me away from other things I want to work on.

Hell with this -- here's a photo I took of Seattle when I was there. Still love the city.

No comments: