Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Competition News

Something I wrote for an anthology is now part of a "make a movie" competition at BigStar TV. The deal is, anyone anywhere in the world is invited to make a short film from one of the 8 stories in the anthology. Six of the stories are already scripts, but one's a short story and mine's a one-act play. The lead characters are all the same in the stories, and the focus is the retrieval of stolen jewelry. Mine's one of the simplest to shoot -- one location (it's set in the Weisensee Jewish cemetery in what was once East Berlin), four actors and not much running around -- so I think I have a good shot at being chosen. Fingers crossed.

All I get from this is the privilege of having my story shot...but if several different people do choose it, it'll be fun to see the different takes on the characters' interactions. Maybe it'll even get mounted on a stage, at some date.

If you want to check it out, here's the direct link --

http://www.bigstar.tv/contests/regulations/contest/script-to-film

No comments: