Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Perfect timing...

My car needs suspension work. Seems the nastiness of San Antonio's roads with their sudden bumps and potholes and loose gratings stretching from curb to curb across the street have taken their toll and my rear bushings have torn and my alignment is off. So with some other work, there goes $750. All the extra I had. So I'm officially broke and have no prospects for income anytime soon. Looks like I WILL become a starving artist...not that it wouldn't hurt me to miss a meal or two. But it is depressing.

Jesus, what a state to be in at my age.

Nothing more to say except I'm going through my research for POS and focusing on that. I just read a vignette about a new father who couldn't afford taxi fare to take his newborn to his christening, even though it was icy and storming outside. A neighbor wound up taking them, instead.

No comments: